”Making over my bedroom wall using polewrap
I am so excited to share this project with you all! My bedroom was starting to feel a bit plain being all white so I decided to add to more texture to the panelled wall!
This DIY was so easy to do and can you believe I used POLE WRAP!
Here is how I did it.
THE ROOM BEFORE
Here is a reminder of the what the room looked liked before
Test some wood dye on a small section of the pole wrap, Then head to your local b&q to get some colour match paint to the wood dye sample.
Paint the existing panelling in the custom colour
Measure the inside (Length & Width) of each panel you have just painted
- Mark out your measurements, When cutting length ways in-between the slats you can use a Stanley knife – press down and run the knife in-between the slats cutting the fabric.
- To cut horizontal apply masking tape along the line you want to cut (This stops the wood from splintering)
- I used a track saw as I had it to hand, with this you set you measurements and cut – I found turning the pole wrap over and cutting on the felt side easier.
- Cutting using a hand saw – press down hard and cut along the masking tape line wood side up.
- Give the edges of the pole wrap a light sand
Once dry and the paint on the walls is dry apply no more nails to the felt side
Then press the felt side onto the walls – make sure you press down hard before moving your hands away. Repeat until all the squares are filled.